Time: 1:30 - 4:30 (Extended care available)
Location: The Pursuit Church (Swerve Room) at 6151 N Discovery Way, Boise, ID 83713 (Next to the West YMCA)
Speak Confidently & Write Beautifully 1
Class Objective: To improve student’s speaking abilities in any situation. The class will focus on delivery, projection, articulation, and showcasing the student’s individual personality through speaking. We will achieve this through different techniques using improvisation and theater exercises.
Objective: Discovering/exploring the voice
Lessons: 1. Vocal warm ups
2. Projection- How to speak and be heard
3. Articulation- How to speak and be understood
Objective: Telling a story
Lessons: 1. Learning story structure
2. How to deliver a story with passion and excitement
3. Retelling a story in their own words
Objective: Speaking Confidently
Lessons: 1. Combining vocal techniques with story structure
2. Improvising to think on your own feet and speak confidently
3. Telling their own stories with confidence, personality, and
Objective: Grabbing and keeping audience attention and interest.
Lessons: 1. The 6 attention grabbers
2. Using 2 devices to grab attention and deliver message.
3. Breath, relax and identify with the audience.
Objective: Map it out for lazy listeners.
Lessons: 1. Road mapping
2. Move with fluidity through your map
3. Neat and tidy closures
Objective: Descriptive Language to create strong visuals.
Lessons: 1. Paint a picture with your words.
2. Passion and persuading your audience.
3. Putting the package together.